Important: By submitting information to us and/or using the Services you give your consent that all personal information may be used by us in the manner and for the purposes described below.
Besomebody, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “Besomebody“, “we“, “us” or “our“) operates a platform and community marketplace that connects people based on shared passions. Book, create and host Experiences you’re passionate about, all through our suite of mobile applications and website (besomebody.com.) (collectively “Services”).
1. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information that you provide to us
We receive, store and process information that you make available to us when accessing or using our Services. This may include information you provide when you:
- fill in any form on the Services, such as when you register or update the details of your user account;
- access or use the Services, such as to search for or post experiences, make or confirm bookings, post comments or reviews, or send messages with other users;
- link your account on a third party site (e.g., Facebook) to your Besomebody account, in which case we will obtain the information that you have provided to the third party site, to the extent allowed by your settings with the third party site and authorized by you; and
- communicate with Besomebody.
Mobile Data / Location Tracking
When you use certain features of the Services, in particular our mobile applications we may receive, store, and process different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g., IP address, zip code) and more specific information (e.g., GPS-based functionality on mobile devices used to access the Services or specific features of the Services). If you access the Services through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device.
We may also receive, store, and process information that is automatically recorded by our servers whenever you access or use the Services. This information may include your IP address, the date and time you access or use the Services, the hardware and software you are using, referring and exit pages and URLs, the number of clicks, pages viewed, the order of those pages, and the amount of time spent on specific pages.
Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
We may, either directly or through third party companies and individuals we engage to provide services to us, also continue to track your behavior on our own Services for purposes of our own customer support, analytics, research, product development, fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, as well as to enable you to use and access the Services and pay for your activities on the Services.
Third-party social plugins
2. HOW WE USE AND PROCESS THE INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE OR MAKE AVAILABLE TO US
We use and process information about you for the following general purposes:
- to enable you to access and use the Services;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimize the Services, Besomebody’s business, and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research, and for advertising and marketing;
- to help create and maintain a trusted and safer environment on the Services, such as fraud detection and prevention, conducting investigations and risk assessments, verifying experiences and listings, verifying any identifications provided by you, and conducting checks against databases such as public government databases;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- where we have your consent, to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent on behalf of our business partners that we think you may find interesting. You will be able to opt-out of receiving these communications in your settings when you login to your Besomebody account;
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Besomebody or our business partners; and
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
3. WHEN WE DISCLOSE OR SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION AND TO WHOM
Your personal information may be disclosed as follows:
- Parts of your public profile page that contain some personal information may be displayed in other parts of the Services to other users for marketing purposes. This information may include first name and last name, primary passion, photograph, unleashed score, and story, among other things.
- If you are a Passionary, your Experiences will include some information such as the city and neighborhood where the Experience is located, your Experience photo, a description of the Experience, and your ratings and reviews for that Experience. Parts of your Experience page may be displayed in other parts of the Services to other users for marketing purposes. The Services may also display the Experience’s approximate geographic location on a map, such that a user can see the general area of the Experience.
- When you submit a request to book an Experience, your first and last name will become visible to the Passionary, as well as your profile photo and user rating. Both Users and Passionaries will be able to message each other. The Passionary will have 24 hours to confirm your booking request. Your billing information will never be shared with another user.
- When you, as a Passionary or a Participant, complete an experience we will ask you to rate and review the other User in the experience. If you choose to provide a written review, your review may be made public on the Services.
- You may link your account on a third party social networking site to your Besomebody account. We refer to a person’s contacts on these third party sites as “Friends”. When you create this linkage:
- some of the information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be published on your Besomebody account profile;
- your activities on the Services may be displayed to your Friends on the Services and/or that third party site;
- other Besomebody users may be able to see any common Friends that you may have with them, or that you are a Friend of their Friend if applicable;
- other Besomebody users may be able to see any schools, hometowns or other groups you have in common with them as listed on your linked social networking site(s); and
- the information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be stored, processed and transmitted for fraud prevention and risk assessment purposes.
- The publication and display of information that you provide to Besomebody through this linkage is subject to your settings and authorizations on the Services and the third party site.
- We may distribute parts of the Services (including your Experience(s)) for display on sites operated by Besomebody’s business partners, using technologies such as HTML widgets. If and when your Listings are displayed on a partner’s site, information from your public profile page may also be displayed.
- We may also engage third party companies and individuals to provide services to us, including services to help verify your identification or to conduct checks against databases such as public government databases (where legally allowed). We may provide personal information about you to these third parties, or give them access to this personal information, for the limited purpose of allowing them to provide these services. We will ensure that such third parties have contractual obligations to protect this personal information and to not use it for unrelated purposes.
- You acknowledge, consent and agree that Besomebody may access, preserve and disclose your account information and any content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) respond to claims asserted against Besomebody; (b) to comply with legal process (for example, subpoenas and warrants); (c) to enforce and administer our agreements with users, such as the Terms of Service, besomebody.com/terms; (d) for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, customer support, product development and de-bugging purposes; or (e) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Besomebody, its users or members of the public. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify users about law enforcement requests for their data unless prohibited by law or by the government request, or if doing so would be futile or ineffective.
5. BUSINESS TRANSFERS
6. ACCESSING, CHANGING, OR DELETING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can review and update your personal information by logging into our Services and visiting your account Settings page and making changes. If you have forgotten your password, once you have tried to register and failed, you can click on the “Forgot your password?” link to reach a page on which you can submit your email address. A link to reset your password then will be emailed to you.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your account. Note that any reviews, forum postings, and similar materials you post may continue to be publicly available on the Services in association with your first name, even after your Besomebody account is deleted.
7. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Data Security
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
However, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Services like message boards or when choosing to share your exact location. Any user of our software and services may view the information you share in public areas.
Additionally, the transmission of information via the Internet, cellular data or WifFi networks is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our software and services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
9. YOUR PRIVACY WHEN YOU ACCESS THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND RESOURCES
10. SPECIAL FEATURES AND PROGRAMS
We may integrate the Services with third party sites such as Facebook, so that you can send invitation messages or requests for references via the third party site itself. These messages will be sent by the third party site, and Besomebody does not collect or retain the contact information that is used to send them.
If you request us to import your contacts, we will collect, but not store, the username and password for the email account you wish to import your contacts from. We will use this information only for the purpose of importing your contacts.
If you are allowed to join Besomebody’s Partner Program and you sign up for it, you will have to provide us with certain Personal Information to enable us to provide the Partner Program to you.
11. POLICY REGARDING CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on these Services, make any purchases through the Services, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Services, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com
13. CONTACT US